On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 08:21:28 -0400
Lanman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck getting OpenGroupware to work? I've been
> beating this thing to death for the last several days with no luck
> whatsoever. The packages are available from the Contribs list, and
> they install without a problem, but no amount of reading the
> documentation, following the install procedures or wading through
> the mail archives on their site has helped.
>
> What amazes me is how the installation of something like
> OpenGroupware can be this difficult or complicated. Surely, with
> the power and flexibility of Linux and Open-Sourced software, this
> shouldn't be a problem? After all, what's the sense of wasting
> time to create Mandrake RPMs for something that simply doesn't
> work?
>
> If anyone has some helpful advice on how to get this thing
> working, I'd appreciate any help you can offer. For reference
> sake, I've tried setting it up on Mandrake 9.2 and 10.0 using
> Apache 1.3 and 2.0.50 with no luck at all.
>
> I'm either seeing blank pages when I try to browse to the initial
> page (which is used to complete configurations and is the default
> page when OpenGroupware is first launched), or I'm getting
> connection errors from the server I've installed it on. Apache is
> working fine, since it's serving other non-related pages without
> any errors or problems, and PostGreSQL builds the database for
> OpenGroupware without a problem.
>
> TIA
> --
> Lanman
> Registered Linux User #190712

I have been holding this waiting for someone to respond.  Guess this
means that nobody has made it work, me included.  The service is
running, but I haven't a clue what to do next.  (It's been running
since last year sometime.

Lee

--
My new address is "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".  Current address will not
work after December.