On Sunday 26 September 2004 10:17, john wrote:
> Hello
> I will be using cdrw media in upcoming work to transfer files between
> work and home and also use for backup. In winblows, it was a matter of
> "save as" and indicate cd. I have not used win for about a year now and
> don't intend to. Would appreciate some advice on which application would
> be simplest to setup and use or point me in the right direction for
> info. I have tried k3b, eroaster, and nautilus without much success. My
> lack of experience in setup is probably the real issue. Thanks in advance.
> John

John what exactly are your problems?
I myself used Nautilus on a laptop and K3B on my desktop. Both are
"no-brainers" to install as one uses "urpmi" to do that correctly.

Neither of them require any special setup as they probe for CD drives
themselves. If your drive isn't found, there might some other problem with
your hardware.

Nautilus offers the option "burn to CD" when right-clicking an a file and K3B
supports drag  & drop very well IMO.
--
Good luck,
HarM