On Tuesday 12 October 2004 07:28 pm, Elliot Somers wrote:
> I did try the telnet command, however my shell comes back with a not valid
> command message. I will attempt ssh, assuming you can use secure shell, if
> it's just a telnet interface. I am also planning on going into the mandrake
> configure to see if I didn't install a package that would allow telnet.

Open the Mandrake Control Center ("configure Your Computer" in
"System">"Configuration" in the menu) and go to "Software Management" then
"Install", enter telnet into the search box and see what comes up.

You may be missing something.

Is the telnet to the standard port?

If not this will do the trick "telnet 123.456.789.123 200 (The space and 200
tells telnet to use port 200.) Change the port as appropriate. I don;t think
that this your issue if telnet is not being seen as a valid command.

Rick Kunath