Brandon Rife wrote:
Russell Butler wrote:

Hi all
Hopefully a simple question:

I have just installed Firefox and Thunderbird on my MK10 setup -KDE desktop and am most impressed.

If there is a web link in an email, clicking on it opens konqueror. Is there any way to use Firefox as the default agent?
I have set Firefox with the default file association for html, but konqueror still opens.

Thanks for help

Russell

The following works for me in KDE. In your $HOME/.thunderbird/<random chars>.default directory look for a file called user.js (if you see a file called prefs.js you're in the right directory). If you don't find user.js create it. Add the following line to user.js

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");

Note that your path to firefox may be different than mine.
I also had to do something similar to get Thunderbird to handle the mailto protocol inside of Firefox. In the $HOME/.mozilla/thunderbird/<random chars>.default directory I created a user.js file and added the following line:

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto", "/opt/thunderbird/thunderbird");

Good luck!
Brandon
Thanks Brandon.
That works well. I thought there would be a simple way of linking.
I have just finished setting up an extension called "Linky" which gives a right-click option to call browser, download manager, etc., but the direct link is much better.

Regards

Russell