List,

I tried posting a thread concerning this problem last week but w/o much
help. I recently changed my user password (at a moment of minor paranoia
about a misperceived system compromise).  Well, this is where my problem
begins.

>From gdm I can login, and my desktop appears.  Now if I want to leave my
box for awhile, I click on my little gnome footprint select the lock
screen icon and the screensaver comes on and if I touch a key or move
the mouse a security popup appears with my username and a password
prompt.  I enter my password, I receive an error message incorrect
password.  What to do?  I don't know where to begin looking.

Thanks,

Terry

Terry Golightly ... t_dot_golightly-at-verizon_dot_net ... Pgh, Pa
Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Official) for i586 kernel
2.6.3-15mdk-i686-up-4GB
11:13:25 up 17 days, 17:46, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.08, 0.07

The world's great men have not commonly been great scholars, nor its
great scholars great men. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes