W liście z wto, 05-10-2004, godz. 02:35, Hoyt Bailey pisze:
> I think you  are wrong.  As nonroot I click on the KDE logout button
> select turn computer off and everything goes off except for the
> monitor. Which I have to turn off. Gnome has a logout icon also which
> works simular.  Shutdown does the same but you have to be root to use
> that.

You're right. That was the reason why I thought about switching back to
init 5. But it looks like this options executes poweroff/reboot while
shutdown do require root privileges.

Normally - if you have set to boot to runlevel 3 - when you manually
start kde/gnome/any other DE logging out does not give you an option to
shutdown/reboot but it only... logs you out :)
--
Cezary 'Thereidos' Morga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Registered Linux User No. 362185 <http://counter.li.org>