On Tuesday 05 October 2004 07:59 pm, Sean Pritchard wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 19:12:16 -0400, Greg Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 October 2004 05:42 pm, Sean Pritchard wrote:
> > > Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:42:00 -0400
> > >  From: Sean Pritchard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >  To: Newbie List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > Nope.
> > --
> > /g
>
> Thanx Greg,,
>
> I can't see their reasoning on not allowing blank reply-to's, for mail
> lists like sympa too work properly. I suppose I can use Gmail for one
> of the sympa accounts exclusively by setting the "reply-to" to the
> perticular addy.
>
> If you'd like a Gmail Account I have 3 invations left.
>
> Regards,
> /Sean

In view of all of the static that goes on here about reply-to settings over
the course of a year, and in recognition that gmail is becoming an 800 pound
gorilla, what would it take to instruct Sympa to add the list address to
whatever other string that it finds in the reply-to field? I'm certainly not
a programmer, but even I could code that with a one-liner in MicroSoft 8K
Basic on my Exidy Sorcerer back in 1978.

Or were "they" lying to me when "they" said that computers would improve my
life by handling all of the little niggles so that I could concentrate on The
Really Important Things?

-- cmg