Oct 20 at 00:20, Derek Jennings wrote:
> If you look at the ifconfig display for eth1 and eth2 you will notice that you
> have not assigned them an IP address.
> You need to create files called /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1  and
> ifcfg-eth2 containing for example
> DEVICE=eth1
> BOOTPROTO=static
> IPADRR=192.168.0.11
> NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> BROADCAST=192.168.0.255
> ONBOOT=yes
>
> Then do 'service network restart' in a root terminal. alternatively
> just go through the connection GUI in Mandrake Control centre. It will
> do the same thing.

The 2 appropriate files already exist, created in Mandrake Control
Center. I did a 'service network restart' for the heck of it, and among
the messages I got these 2:

Bringing up interface eth1:  [FAILED]
Bringing up interface eth2:  [FAILED]

Got an idea what's wrong?

> BTW: Please remove the "Reply To" in your mail client.
> (Second time of asking)

Sorry. I've been looking for the place in my pine con fig to stop that,
but I can't find it for some reason. The mailing list software is
supposed to strip out that header and replace it with one for the list,
but it isn't. (When I used to run SmartList here, it did so
automatically.) I'm having to manually delete that line every time I
write an email, and it's a pain. If you can tell me how to get pine to
stop doing that, I'd really appreciate it!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Russ.

Should we continue to trust Bush as our leader? Read this, then you  decide:
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4636.shtml

 "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you
 end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

 When you're an anvil, hold you still; when you're a hammer strike your
 fill.

                    http://www.TruthAboutWar.org
  What is freedom, really? See this great flash presentation:
             http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf