On October 18, 2004 04:54 pm, Dan Gordon wrote:
> On Monday 18 October 2004 03:32 pm, Frans Ketelaars wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > At least in 10.0 OE AFAIK kernel-source-stripped was the rpm you
> > need for building external modules.

Well,  so far I have tried both the stripped and the regular
kernel-source and both have produced the same results,,  with both I am
at least able to install the nvidia 5336 version of the driver but x
wont start complaining that it cant find any screens.  I have tried
Randall's approach with three versions of the installer but each time
it will not rebuild the custom installer.
So here is what I'm running once again.  Mandrake 10.1 Community with
kernel 2.6.8.1-10mdksmp which is running real nice.  Video is a asus
V9570 TD FX 5700 256mb ddr.
I have tried to install the drivers under single processor kernel as
well with the same results.
Im beginning to think its a kernel or kernel source problem at this
point but im going to try this on another computer,  a p3 800 with a
older nvidia card just to see what happens as soon as I have some time.
Will let you all know how it goes.

Regards,
Dan Gordon
--
Tue Oct 19 20:37:22 EDT 2004
 20:37:22 up  8:58,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00