On Monday 25 October 2004 12:31, Alan wrote:

> I want to upgrade my 120gb Hard disk to a 160gb Hard disk.
> I tried to use norton ghost but the minute it starts on my root partition
> it stops. How can I check the integrity of my disk and it's
> partition?
>
> Is there another product (linux based) that I can use instead of Ghost
> (bear in mind it has two ntfs partitions on it as well.

Partimage is a linux clone of Partition Magic, Paragon Hard Drive manager and
other types of partition manager tools.

One really good way to handle this is to download a copy of System Rescue Live
CD from http://sysresccd.org  burn the ISO to CD and boot up using the CD.
That way, none of the hard drive partitions start out as active and you
should be able to copy all the partitions from one hard drive directly to the
next hard drive, intact and then just boot from either one after it is
connected at the same physical location.

I think that it even supports copying entire NTFS partitions, it just doesn't
allow you to write to NTFS partitions directly without loading up
CaptiveNTFS.
--
Bryan Phinney