Saturday at 21:06, Randall D. Hobbs wrote:
> Yeah, you're right there. I've had people email me asking why I sent them a
> virus... I only had to say "I'm running Linux, so I can't send you a virus".
> That and "check out the headers - that's what tells the truth". I recently
> had about 10 viruses come into my inbox, and the funny thing is, they were
> all supposed to be FROM me TO me. Doing a little checking, I found out that
> one of my contacts had gotten a virus, and of course it was spoofing
> everything. What happens is, the virus raids their address book, and randomly
> sends out viruses to everyone in that address book, and it picks a random
> user from the address book to spoof from. It took all of about 30 seconds to
> figure out where it was coming from - I ended up going over to her office and
> cleaning up the system, and the emails disappeared. Funny how that works...

How can you know exactly who it came from? I realize that such mostly
comes from infected windoze boxes, and I'm thinking that someone out
there who has my email in their address book has a virus which has been
spoofing my address, like the one Tom & Karen Pino got. The question is
who?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Russ.

Sick of democrat and republican lies?
            http://badnarik.org/whybadnarik.php
What is freedom, really? See this great flash presentation:
           http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf
----------------
 "You have plenty of rights in this country, provided you don't get caught
 exercising them."
     -- Terry Mitchell
 Talking against Religion is unchaining a Tyger; the Beast let loose may
 worry his Deliverer.
                    http://www.TruthAboutWar.org
Visit my nursery:
           http://www.angelfire.com/linux/behnesnursery/