On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:21, Angus Auld wrote:
> Greetings, I just ordered a new laptop, a Dell Inspiron 1150.
> Is there anyone on the list who has experience with this model
>  and Mandrake Linux??
> As best as I could determine, Dell laptops are relatively Linux
> compatible/friendly.
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
> Dell had a great offer on the Inspiron.....free shipping, free upgrade to a
> 60GB harddrive, free nylon carrying case, and......a free Kodak CX 6445
> digital camera! :-)

A couple of excellent on-line resources for Linux Laptops with lots of reviews
and configuration hints are:
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/
http://tuxmobil.org/

If you have wireless, there's the chipsets for which we have real drivers,
then there's Intel's Centrino chips and Broadcom's chips which are very
common and for which you would need to use NDISWrapper from
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/ .

For the Digital Camera compatbility, check out the GPhoto site:
http://www.gphoto.org/

John.