On Wednesday 27 Oct 2004 13:56, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

> I have the feeling this is a kernel bug.  Now, I have to reboot
> again :-/

After a few days' break I came back to this long thread.  Out of curiosity I
plugged my FujiFilm FinePix S304 into the one box that I have upgraded to
10.1.  I had exactly the same experience - top showed cpu usage varying
between 98% and 99.9%, and the only way out appeared to be a reboot - it
certainly didn't respond to kill.

The box in question has 10.1OE upgraded late last week from cooker, running
2.6.8-12 kernel (IIRC).  Is there anything else you would like me to check
for correlation?

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302