Just finished doing an

urpmi.update -a --no-md5sum && urpmi -auto-select

on a clean 10.1 CE install that I've been running since the weekend. Prior to the update my mouse worked perfectly, or at least as I wanted it - if I held it over a window and scrolled the middle button the window would scroll up and down, didn't have to click in the window or anything.

Since the update this morning the only way I can get it to scroll within a window is to either hold down the middle button until it locks and then roll the mouse up and down or else click on the vertical scroll bars and drag them, very disconcerting.

I'm running Gnome 2.6, haven't tested to see if this behaviour applies also to XFCE or not. The Gnome & MCC mouse features dont' seem to have anything to help on this. The mouse is a USB MS Optical mouse, I also have a Synaptics touchpad on the laptop that works as it always did.

Any ideas?

ED