Today at 00:00, Russell W. Behne wrote:
> I'm trying to follow the instructions in
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NFS-Root-3.html to build a root filesystem for
> a pair of boxes. Under ``3.2 Creation of the root filesystem'' it says
> to do ``tar cClf / - | tar xpCf /tftpboot - '', but I get this error
> message:
>       tar: Cowardly refusing to create an empty archive
>       Try `tar --help' for more information.
> Now, I can't grok any help that way. What should I do instead? Is there
> some way of gettingg this done?

Nevermind. I've decided that since the two hosts do have small hard
drives, that I'll just put the kernel there. It'll be easier that
decrypting outdated howtos, save some space on the server, and speed up
the boot process. They both boot up fine, and I have been able to get
one to mount the home directory from the server so far. After getting
all the other remote filesystems to mount I'll have to work on getting
nis going.  G'night!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Russ.

Sick of democrat and republican lies?
            http://badnarik.org/whybadnarik.php
What is freedom, really? See this great flash presentation:
           http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf
----------------
 Altho' thy teacher act not as he preaches,
 Yet ne'ertheless, if good, do what he teaches;
 Good counsel, failing men may give, for why,
 He that's aground knows where the shoal doth lie.
 Sudden Pow'r is apt to be insolent, Sudden Liberty saucy;
 that behaves best which has grown gradually.
                    http://www.TruthAboutWar.org
Visit my nursery:
           http://www.angelfire.com/linux/behnesnursery/
The Behne Family Genealogy Project: