On Tuesday 02 November 2004 09:41 pm, Lorin & Jenny Pino wrote:
> Kppp will dial in and establish a connection.  However, I can't access any
> web sites.  If I try ping www.yahoo.com, I get ping: unknown host
> www.yahoo.com.  If I try ping 216.109.118.66 as seen on an earlier post, I
> get connect: network is not reachable.  I am running Mandrake 9.1.  What do
> I need to change? Thanks!
It has been a long time since I used kppp but  look and see if you have your
firewall running. mcc>security >firewall and put an x in the box for
"everything no firewall" then try connecting to the internet again.  If
shorewall is stopping you on the first connection  then with shorewall turned
off you should get through, then turn it back on again and your internet
connection should work still. It seems to write some permissions for internet
access this way. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842