Alan wrote:

good day all.

For the newbie question of the year.

I want to run a program (updatedd-wrapper) ¨a program that updates a ip adress on a dns server¨ whenever i start my pc.
I want to run it in some way that the machine doesn´t have to wait for it to complete cause it sometimes takes about 30-40 seconds to complete.

I would preferebly like it to start after kde is launched.

Thanks
One way to run a program where you do not wait for it to finish is to put & after it. This works well unless the program produces output. The you need to direct the output to someware, or it waits to be brought back to the foreground. So, if your program doesn't report results, use:
<program name> &
If it does, use something like:
<program name> >log.file &
or
<program name> > /dev/null &
(replace <program name> with the actual name, including path if necessary...)

Mikkel