On Saturday 06 November 2004 09:43, Amy wrote:
> Is there a way to get Firefox set as my system default browser? I
> believe right now, if a program follows a link, it picks up Konqueror
> by default.
>
> I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm using KDE right now,
> but am considering switching to Enlightenment... but my friend who
> serves as primary tech support has not been cornered to hand hold me
> through the process over the phone. (He's in NYC, I'm in SF bay area)
>
> At any rate, any help on getting Firefox as my default browser would
> be great. ^_^
In KDE Control Centre>Components>File Association
search for htm and in the list of associations move mozilla-firefox to the top
of the list.

For other Window Managers add a line to your ~/.bash_profile  file
export BROWSER=/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox

On next login firefox is the default browser.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org