On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Pat Patterson wrote:

> This did not seem to go through the first time.
>
> Fixed this and thought I  would report it here and in twiki.
>
> HP ze4325us Athlon chip, Ali chipset, Radeon video. UNknown
> motherboard.
>
> This machine installed 10.0 great. Under 10.1 installs and freezes on
>
> reboot. I tried noapic noalpic noacpi nodma and none worked. What
> works is:
>
> linux acpi=off
>
> Once it boots add acpi=off to lilo.
>
> After I got it working I did a clean install. I found out that if you
> scroll down when you get to the final setup screen there is an entry
> for boot. Unchecking the acpi enabled button, solves the problem.

Sounds similar to my Compaq 2100's issues.  I was able to setup/load a
custom DSDT, which solved the ACPI and related problems. (Although prism54
still doesn't work as I hit the usual, mfg changed internals but kept the
same product number. Ndiswrapper works for me, from sourceforge.)

Some help on setting up a DSDT:

http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/HardwareHowTo#ACPI_Custom_DSDT

HTH,
--