Użytkownik [EMAIL PROTECTED] napisał:

hi
sorry for some sort of confusion, my exe files really wont work in linux
but they works fine when i boot  to windows..
my question is about this Wine. Do wine is a separate installer? do i have
to download it  from where? if it is included in the CD then how to
install/configure it?
hope you can help me..

thanks...

You have to install wine by urpmi or rpmdrake (you can access the latter through Mandrake Control Center) by 'urpmi wine' command (or picking wine package in the rpmdrake - you can easily search for wine there). WINE is part of basic Mandrake package, so it should be found on your CDs (or DVD).

WINE (WINE Is Not Emulator) does not emulate the entire Win32 system - it only adds Win32 API (Application Programming Interface) to the programs to let them work. It's far from being complete, and it requires in many cases manual fiddling with WINE config files (which can be found in ~/.wine directory), but if it works, it usually works as fast as in Windows. For further information on this rather complicated subject, see http://www.winehq.org/ .

I hope it'll help you!
Wojciech Podgórni