On Friday 12 Nov 2004 23:40, Wojciech Podgórni wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> I have a hardware question for you. My aunt is buying a Plug'n'Play flat
> screen monitor for her Mandrake 10.0 computer and I am worried if it
> would work on that system. The rest of the hardware is quite old -
> GeForce 256 DDR video card, old Pentium Celeron motherboard, slow
> processor (but much RAM), etc. The problem is that Mandrake hardware
> database is quite incomplete and it lacks some of the newer hardware.
> The question is:
> Is Mandrake going to work with the newer Plug'n'Play monitors such as
> SAMSUNG 17" - 793 DF ? Should I expect any problems?
> Thank you in advance for any answer.
> Wojciech Podgórni

Around 2 years ago I bought this Taxan LCD monitor, and asked the same
question.  I rang Taxan's tech. support line and was told that *any* LCD that
is plug'n'Play should work with Linux.

I also have an Iiyama running with Linux, but like Richard, I have to say that
there are sometimes minor setup problems.  The Iiyama, for instance, is
detected as capable of 24-bit colour, but that causes problems.  Set it to
run at 16-bit and all the problems disappear.  16M colours is more than I can
see, anyway ;-)

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302