Użytkownik Anne Wilson napisał:

On Friday 12 Nov 2004 23:40, Wojciech Podgórni wrote:

Hello everyone!
I have a hardware question for you. My aunt is buying a Plug'n'Play flat
screen monitor for her Mandrake 10.0 computer and I am worried if it
would work on that system. The rest of the hardware is quite old -
GeForce 256 DDR video card, old Pentium Celeron motherboard, slow
processor (but much RAM), etc. The problem is that Mandrake hardware
database is quite incomplete and it lacks some of the newer hardware.
The question is:
Is Mandrake going to work with the newer Plug'n'Play monitors such as
SAMSUNG 17" - 793 DF ? Should I expect any problems?
Thank you in advance for any answer.
Wojciech Podgórni

Around 2 years ago I bought this Taxan LCD monitor, and asked the same question. I rang Taxan's tech. support line and was told that *any* LCD that is plug'n'Play should work with Linux.

I also have an Iiyama running with Linux, but like Richard, I have to say that there are sometimes minor setup problems. The Iiyama, for instance, is detected as capable of 24-bit colour, but that causes problems. Set it to run at 16-bit and all the problems disappear. 16M colours is more than I can see, anyway ;-)

Anne

Thank you for your anwers!
But my question was about *non*-LCD monitors... Do all the newest Plug'n'Play non-LCD monitors work with Mandrake?

Wojciech Podgórni

PS. BTW, I am glad to read that LCD monitors work with Mandrake!