On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 08:51, JoeHill wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 07:47:13 +1100
> Andrewd disseminated the following:
>
> > Of course down here in Australia it is illegal to make any copies no
> > matter what the reason. So basically all those people running around
> > with ipods cannot legally use them here as Apple do not allow you to use
> > the Apple store here. We have no concept of 'fair use' like in the US
>
> It's all kinda moot anyhow. There's no way for the recording industry to stop
> it. No law, no encoding scheme, will ever turn back the tide.
>
> Well, except maybe in Oz, where people are well known for their deep respect
> for
> authority figures, eh Stephen? ;-)

Respect for authority?

WHY DO YOU THINK I MOVED HERE?

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389

Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux: Are you coming or what?

It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a
sentence to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in
all times and situations. They presented him the words: "And this, too,
shall pass away." -- Abraham Lincoln