On Sunday 14 November 2004 04:17 pm, Merlin Zener wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 10:16, evolt wrote:
> > [...snip]
> > I would reccomend mldonkey, it can access many different p2p
> > networks like fastrack a.k.a kazaa, edonkey/emule,
> > gnutella/gnutella2, soulseek, direct connect, open napster, and
> > bittorent.
> >
> > Go to urpmi.org, use easyurpmi to help you set up a repository for
> > plf,
>
> I just tried that - I got back this command:
> urpmi.addmedia plf ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/plf/mandrake/10.0
> with hdlist.cz
>
> which I put in, and just over an hour later it finished downloading
> *something*... It seemed to work, but:

I don't know how you connect to the internet but these hdlist.cz files
are about 27 mb in size if you are on dial-up then i can imagine it
taking one hour.

> ...retrieving done
> examining hdlist file [/var/cache/urpmi/partial/hdlist.plf.cz]
> writing list file for medium "plf"
> examining pubkey file of "plf"...
> ...imported key caba22ae from pubkey file of "plf"
> built hdlist synthesis file for medium "plf"
> found 0 headers in cache
>
> then I tried the following:
> > then as root type:
> > urpmi mldonkey-gui
>
> and got:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] merlin]# urpmi mldonkey-gui
> no package named mldonkey-gui
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] merlin]#

Im using one of the french mirrors and I just checked and found
mldonkey-gui so I think the mirror you selected must be messed up,
which has been happening a lot lately :-(
The second stage at easy urpmi when it asks you to select mirrors there
are drop down lists to select the mirrors of your choice.  You may be
able to find a closer/faster mirror that the one you have selected.
Also you need to select a main and contrib source as well as the plf
one.  Main and contrib are where you will find the official mandrake
stuff.

> hmmmmmm...
> I wonder how many headers it was *supposed* to find in the cache???

Regards,
Dan Gordon
--
Sun Nov 14 17:01:25 EST 2004
 17:01:25 up 14:39,  2 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.13, 0.05