On Monday 15 November 2004 07:22 pm, Jack wrote:
> I don't use it and the damn thing pops up everytime I open an email in
> Thunderbird.  Does anyone know how to get rid of it?
>
> - Jack

Download the enigmail and enigmime files and re-install them as root (on top
of the existing files).

Shut down and restart Thunderbird.

Open extensions and uninstall these both (again as root).

Shut down Thunderbird and re launch it and enigmail should be gone.

For some reason you can't uninstall the extensions even as root until they are
re-installed as root. It appears they were installed as root when the rpm was
built.

I am not sure these should have been included in the rpm by default as they
are so easy to add as a user if required.

Enigmail as installed by the rpm didn't seem to work for me. It may have been
a file permission issue with the files installed by the rpm. I didn't try it
after the reinstall, just removed it. It wouldn't retain it's configuration
entries for me.

Maybe someone else can recommend an alternate method to uninstall the
extensions.

Rick Kunath