Hello all,

I remember sending a post a while back about my sound not working on mdk 10 with the machine I had it installed all.

Now it seems I am having the same problem but its slightly different.

In the case of last time I was running mdk 10 on an old micron laptop and it didn't recognized my sound card until I rand the sndconf utility.

In the case of this machine I am using at work I am running mdk 9 on an old micron desktop and it did recognize my sound card as a YMF-740C [ds-1L Audio Controller].  All seems fine until I try to play something on xmms.  I can see the file playing but I don't hear any sound.  I checked to make sure that the sound server was enabled, I made sure that the OS volume was up, and I made sure the the physical volume on the machine was up and I still don't hear anything.

Can any one tell me of a utility that I can use to try and test sound wth different drivers or tell me how I can get these drivers to work?  I did try re running sndconf but my system doesn't recognize that command (even as root)

Thanks in advance guys!