Hello,

I normally "Lurk n Learn", but I'm a bit confused at the moment.

How do you know what update you need? For example: Mandrake update might offer a list of updates for various bits of software BUT how do i know which updates i need? How do i compare whats on my system against the update list?

What I've done in the past is select them all, but that means big downloads and possibly wasting bandwidth.

Ok I've done some checking/reading the manual and believe if type this in the command line
( urpmi.update -a; urpmi --update --auto-select --auto ) it will only update what is needed is that correct?

TIA

Tim