On Thursday 18 November 2004 04:58 pm, Derek Jennings wrote:

> > I cannot really find a reason why this happened. Could it be that
> > the lease on the IP number somehow runs out after a certain amount
> > of time?
> >
> > Paul
>
> Yes DHCP leases do expire, but then the DHCP client will simply ask
> for a new lease, and in most cases will be granted the same IP
> address back again. Somehow your ISP's DHCP server seem to have got
> its knickers in a twist and was not responding to lease renewal
> requests.

I have seen this happen when my isp has to regroup (i know there is a
propper term for this) several subnets to gain performance,  a few ip's
will be lost off of a subnet and a few new ones gained,  i have seen my
ip go from 24.116.x.x to 24.226.x.x so if the ip you had was put into
another subnet then its possible the DHCP server did get it knickers in
a twist.

Regards,
Dan Gordon
--
Thu Nov 18 18:27:54 EST 2004
 18:27:54 up  5:19,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.03, 0.04