On Friday 19 November 2004 11:42 pm, Aron Smith wrote:
> On Friday 19 November 2004 10:16 pm, John Layt wrote:
> > On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:07, Stephen KÃhn wrote:
> > > But now, since Ballmer the Bouncing Bimbo has gotten into IP legalaties
> > > to fight the GPL/OSS world, they better do something about the
> > > skeletons roving around in THEIR own closet...
> >
> > Heard their latest patent claim?  They reckon they invented the boolean
> > not equal operator...  Somebody dig up Charles Boole and get him down to
> > the Patent Office to school that examiner in elementary logic :-)
> >
> > http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01
> >&p
> > =1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=%2220040230959%22.P
> >GNR .&OS=DN/20040230959&RS=DN/20040230959
> >
> > OK, to be fair, it's a particular implementation of ISNOT, but talk about
> > chutzpah!
>
> careful they also hold the patent on chutzpah
>
> > John.

"Money" is a registered trademark of Microsoft, Incorporated.

Chutzpah to them I say!  What has microsoft ever given the world... without
them the worst that would happen is everybody would use Mac OS until they
found Linux.... and Mac is Unix based now.... so.... um.... nothings wrong
with that, so who needs Microsoft?
Cheers,
 SigmaChi

--
Registered Linux user #366862

This message was sent from a Microsoft-Free 750MHz Athlon system running SuSE
Linux 9.1 (Kernel 2.6.5; KDE 3.2 configured to look alot like MacOS X).
"Failure is not an option with Microsoft; it's bundled with the software!"

"A Linux Only area ÂHappy bug hunting M$ clan, The time is here to FORGET
that M$ Corp ever existed the world does not NEED M$ Corp the world hasÂNO USE
for M$ Corp Âit is time to END M$ Corp"
                                -snipped from the signature of Peter Nikolic