Hello Anne,

Sunday, November 21, 2004, 10:31:15 AM, Anne wrote:

AW> On Sunday 21 Nov 2004 18:10, rikona wrote:
>> It might be OK to use it in both places. But I might, for other
>> reasons, decide to adopt a new identity for my Twiki participation.
>> If this new person contributes to the group, and doesn't do
>> anything bad, why throw that person off?

AW> I think that it's possible some people do use another name.  I'd like to
AW> think, though, that they give enough genuine details to enable us to reach
AW> them if for any reason it's necessary.

That would be nice, but if they use semi-disposable addresses to
reduce spam, the address might not last very long.

AW> We are all giving up a good deal of time and effort to make these
AW> pages available.  By its nature the TWiki is vulnerable to anyone
AW> who does not care for it as we do.

Agreed. Those of us who appreciate the efforts VERY MUCH would not
think of such a thing. Some people are.... well... (censored).

AW> Personally I do not feel that someone who registers an email
AW> address of whyshouldyoucare.com is showing a reasonable attitude.
AW> However, that is my personal standpoint.

I guess I'd wonder too.

AW> There is no intention of making this an exclusive club -

Glad to hear that.

AW> just trying to protect all of us from some lunatic who doesn't
AW> care a damn.

This is always a problem. It's the 2% that cause problems for the 98%.
I'd guess that M$ fanatics might not wish us well, either.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]