FYI, I'M USING GMAIL, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CHECK THAT REPLIES ARE GOING
TO THE LIST, AND NOT DIRECTLY TO ME. THANKS!

Okay guys, here's what I'm trying to do. I have Sirius Satellite
radio, and they're airing an interview on Friday night I want to
catch. The trouble is, I'll be at work for at least another two hours
after the interview starts. I could technically catch the interview at
the store by tuning our store demo to the channel, and listening while
I work, but that runs the risk of customers, or a coworker, changing
the channel on me. I would rather just record the interview and listen
to it later.

I've got the boom box docking station for my receiver hooked up to my
computer via the line in on my sound card, I can play the music
through my computer happily, in fact I'm listening to Mellow Yellow by
Donovan at the moment, on the 60s Vibrations channel via my computer
speakers.

So, I suppose, the long and short of it is that I need to figure out
what program to use to record, and I need to figure out if there's a
way to make the recording start at a specific time. If it helps any, I
can make the receiver turn itself on at a specific time, so if having
sound start can be used to trigger the recording, then I can work with
that. I'm not too picky about the file format, though I want something
that'll give me the better sound quality with the least amount of
space taken. I would assume that I should be looking at recording to
.ogg, but I am open to suggestions for other formats.

The biggest thing is, I would like an answer by Thursday night, so
that I can experiment and make sure it'll work before I am rushing out
the door Friday afternoon. Thanks much in advance for any help you
guys might be able to give me!

Amy

~~ >^..^< ~~
I'm a gmail user! I'm still waiting on them to listen to my request to
allow me to disable my reply-to field. If you get this message via a
mailing list, please double check the to field before sending your
reply. Thanks much! ^_^
http://deathkitten.net
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind."
     ~Rudyard Kipling
"Several friends have asked me if I will again leave the country. In
light of the failure--a second time--to count all the votes, that
won't be necessary. My country has left me."
     ~Greg Palast