From: Björn Lundin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Dec 1, 2004 11:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Re: Where are the compilers etc.?

Simon Roberts wrote:

> Many thanks for input received, I've moved forward some. (I had entirely
> missed the urpmi tool; very useful.)
>
> I've now installed gcc-c++, kernel sources of the correct version, gtk+2,
> and all the dependent things that urpmi added to the list. When I say:
>
>   urpmi glib
>
> or
>   urpmi glib2
>
> I'm told that everything is already installed. However, I still have no
> "glib*.h" anywhere, and ./configure still complains that GTK+ and GLIB are
> not installed (or are installed incorrectly).
>
> There's a config.log file that might tell more about it. If anyone's
> willing to take a look I'd be happy to send that on.
>
> Can anyone offer any more suggestions?

Did you install the header rpms ie libgtk+2.0_0-devel?

try urpmi --fuzzy gtk 2>&1 | grep devel
for other packages.

Or if you know what the missing file is called:
urpmf <missing_file>
which gives you the package

example, I'm looking for the package containing 'libgnat.a'

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bnl]# urpmf libgnat.a
gcc-gnat:/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux-gnu/3.3.2/adalib/libgnat.a

that is, I can find it in 'gcc-gnat'
--
/Björn
http://lundin.homelinux.net