On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 20:10:11 -0500
Bryan Phinney disseminated the following:

> 2 weeks before the machine gets compromised.

...I must say though (not bragging, by any stretch), that I do have a Windows XP
box running on my LAN, default install, *no Service Packs installed*, just
running AVG, and it's never been in any way compromised, not even with spyware.
I can only assume that my beloved BBIAgent firewall has been very effective, and
I can't say enough nice things about AVG.

It's just too bad that people even have to worry about it, considering the far
superior alternatives. I certainly would never even consider exposing that XP
machine as a server of any kind.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
21:16:24 up 10 days, 12:26, 10 users, load average: 0.23, 0.17, 0.13