Hi,
 I had the same problem with a new computer last June. On Aug. 11 or 12,
SiS wrote a Linux driver for SiS530.
 Go to

   http://www.sis.com.tw/driver/mb_530.htm

 There you will find at the bottom of the page, a readme file, a
compressed file telling you how to configure the driver (gz), and the
SiS530 driver (gz).
 I had to download the driver onto a floppy with IE5 (Netscape didn't
work)
 Then I installed the driver in Linux, using the command line.
 If you have any problems, let me know. I mightbe able to help.

    Harvey