On December 3, 2004 03:09, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Friday 03 December 2004 09:30, you wrote:
> > > I have a page on installing the nvidia driver here
> > > http://www.jennings.homelinux.net/nvidia.html
> > > At the moment there is a bug in the Nvidia driver which requires you to
> > > modify
> > > it before it works with Mandrake 10.1  I think this bug is still
> > > present. I
> > > am sure someone will correct me if it is no longer around.
> > >
> > > Good luck
> > >
> > > derek

Derek,

I just bought a slightly newer computer (PIII-533), and it happens to have a
video card that NVidia claims is supported by their latest driver, a Riva
TNT2 64, so I decided to try the "nvidia" driver. I have been using the "nv"
driver, which works fine except for lack of 3D acceleration (tuxkart gives me
about 1 frame every 3 seconds).

I downloaded the latest driver from the NVidia site. This is 1.0-6629, whereas
your page refers to 1.0-6111. But I followed your instructions anyway, in
case the bug you mentioned was still there. But in usr/src/nv/nv.c, it
appears that PM_SAVE_STATE has already been changed to PM_SUSPEND_MEM (I can
find the latter string but not the former), so I guess the bug is fixed.

It compiled and installed without any errors. Only a warning about the kernel
being built with "rivafb" as a module, and that this module conflicts with

--
Ron
ron dot hunterduvar at shaw dot ca

Opinions expressed here are all mine. Rights to have
the same opinions are granted under the GNU GPL :^)