Greg Meyer wrote:

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 02:19 am, SnapafunFrank wrote:

Please ignore this question. I'd forgotten that I needed to reboot first.

That was a dumb one even by my standards.

Graham

REBOOT WHAT??????? I didn't and except for kernel rebuilding I never
reboot. Am I missing out on some cool thing here or what? (Maybe the
windows uses here can enlighten me?)

Dude, this is the newbie list. If anyplace is the place to ask these questions, it is this place. How about telling him why he doesn't need to reboot instead of ridiculing him?

Bad choice of 'uppercase' on my part but 'ridiculing' him was not my intention.
I was attempting to have some fun with his 'That was a dumb one even by my standards.'
At the same time I believe that the point about rebooting was reinforced.

--
Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213