>> For as much as I love Charles Edwards RPM archive, I still have
>> preferred to use the graphical installers for XFCE that are available
>> here: http://www.os-cillation.com/article.php?sid=42

> I always found compiling against GTK on Mandrake is a pain in the ass,
> it feels like I have always everything installed, but it is never found
> as it is supposed to be....otherwise I do agree with you, compiling is
> always good

I tried urpmi xfce, said no packages containing xfce existed. Of course I
would prefer to use urpmi since I consider myself complete ignorant to the
world of handlig packages myself. In the website
http://www.os-cillation.com/article.php?sid=42 stephen k. gave me there
are to types, with or without gtk. The install guide with gtk didn't help
me much. No folder containing gtk refered to in the guide were to find on
my mdk10.0 system. What advances does xfce with gtk give me?

Regards Vegard