On Tuesday 21 December 2004 14:37, Paul Smith wrote:

> Thanks, Paul. I had already thought about cp -u, but I think it does
> not fully work when some files or sub-directories are deleted in the
> first directory; the correspondent deletion is not operated in the
> second directory, I guess.

rsync would do the deletions and copying but not automagically, you would have
to schedule a cron job for it and I think that there might be problems with
frequent updates if you are making major changes frequently.  I wouldn't
personally want to cron job that type of thing more often than once every
hour or two depending on how often someone is adding or deleting files.

If there is a lot of activity on the source, you are bound to run into issues
with incomplete updates.
--
Bryan Phinney