Edward Holcroft wrote:

As you can see I changed the reference in JAVA_HOME to point to /usr/lib/jdk-1.4.2_05/jre/bin/ instead of at the symbolic link (/user/java/j2re1.4.2_05). This is probably not the most elegant solution and I am not even sure why there were symbolic links used in the first place. All I know is after I did this, without use of symbolic links, LimeWire worked - no more message about Java VM not installed. I always seem to struggle with symbolic links, and this got around it.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Hi Edward,

Tried that, with /etc/profile and .bash_profile (I had to modify that for 9.2 & 10CE), and even restarted, as I found that if it's currently in use, then it needs a restart to take effect....

Nothing, Nada, Nichts!!

Still getting the no VM found error message.....

I'm not too worried about LimeWire, as I have the Apollon gnutella plugin installed, but I cant get Apollon to install using the so called All In One Installer, as it keeps tripping up on my version of QT, as it's asking for an earlier version, and it's too much like hard work to retrograde to that particular version.....

The Apollon RPM from PLF works ok.... but I cant seem to find it on the PLF site anymore... If I could get the PLF RPM, I'd be ok, as I have giFT and the other plugins already installed, I just need the Apollon GUI!

Thanks,

James

--

Sent using Mozilla Thunderbird on Mandrake Linux 10.1
100% virus free, as it's nothing to do with Microsoft!