On Monday 27 December 2004 12:10, Philippe Landau wrote:
> Derek Jennings wrote:
> > httrack and libhttrack1 are both in contrib. Declare an online source for
> > contrib and you can install them with your software install GUI.
> > To add a contrib source open a terminal, enter 'su' (without quotes) to
> > become root user, then type
> >
> > urpmi.addmedia contrib
> > ftp://ftp.rediris.es/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/10.1/i586/media/con
> >trib with media_info/hdlist.cz
> >
> > That command is all on one line, and is assuming you are using Mandrake
> > 10.1 That source in Spain is nice and fast. I can recommend it.
>
> thank you for the explanation.
> it did not work, the package source manager
> of my Mandrakelinux Control Center 10
> still only listed the 3 install CDs,
> but i now added your ftp source there.
>
> i do use mandrake 10.1 official, what do you use as main source ?
> unfortunately http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ is often down these days.
>
> is it possible that my system has
> configuration files in read-only ?
> when i open a console, it says:
> "bash: TMOUT: readonly variable"
>
> i also tried to change the language using LocaleDrake
> and after a reboot everything is still in german,
> although LocaleDrake now lists english as i want it.
>
> kind regards     philippe

I wonder if that message "bash: TMOUT: readonly variable" may be because you
have set a high security level? That might also explain why you are unable to
use su to become root user. (If that is why you are unable to use
'urpmi.addmedia') For a desktop computer 'standard' security level is quite
adequate.

If you want to define an online source for 'main' so you can remove the CD
sources, then use this command (or similar if you prefer a different mirror)
urpmi.addmedia main
ftp://ftp.rediris.es/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/10.1/i586/media/main
with media_info/hdlist.cz

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net