I started here
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/?PHPSESSID=18e687352446352cb52c97cc5b1b5b3e
to find a driver for my wireless lan card.

The final steps on configuration were beyond me and a user graciously helped
me through it at this link
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=260990&highlight=final+step+wifi

Theres quite a bit of reading and work to do between those two links which
will keep you busy for a while, but hopefully they'll sort you out.

HTH

Jarlath