On Wednesday 05 January 2005 05:28 pm, Aron Smith wrote:
> I have an old Compaq Armada here with no CD-ROM by removing the HDD (6Gb)
> and u7sing an adapter I was able to install ? Mdk 10.1 on the drive.
> After reinstalling the drive  I find that I have a problem
> Kernel panic : No init found Try passingi nit= optionn to kernel
> So what do I do now  (oboviously I have reached my level of incompentance
Some more information this is the screen output
md..autorun Done
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
Red Hat nash version 4.1.12mdk starting
Mounting /proc filesystem
Mounting sysfs
Creating device files
mounting tmpfs on /dev
starting udev
Creating root device
Mounting root filesystem
mount: error6 mounting ext3 flags defaults
well, retrying without theoption flags
mount: error 6 mounting ext3
well, retrying readonly without anyflag
mount : error 6mounting ext3
picvotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot,sysroot/intrid) failed:2
umount  /intrid/sysfailed :2
umount  /intrid/proc failed  :2
intrid finished
Freeing unused kernel memory : 200k freed
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel