On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 21:22:56 -0600, Dennis Myers
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok,  That card should work. Anyone have a problem with a ti card? So, do you
> have midnight commander or vi or vim installed. Do you get the text screen?
> Sometimes the kernel source needs to be installed to get Nvidia to work. So
> if you pop the CD1 disk in and choose upgrade instead of install and let it
> run through to the end you can check if your card was correctly detected by
> doing the configure on  resolution or monitor can't recall which is shown.
> Sometimes a missing file will be installed in the update also. HTH
> --
> Dennis M. linux user #180842

Still can't get your replies to go to the list, can ya? ;) You know,
no matter how much people make a fuss about the reply-to setting,
technically one should be in the habit of hitting reply-to all for
However, I'm not going to get into that debate with this crowd, you're
all nice, but you're stubborn. ;) Anyhow, I quoted your message this
time, so it's included in the archives now. ^_^ Next time you reply,
it'll make it to the list, yes? Three's a charm after all.

See, the problem is, I don't get ~anything~ in the way of video
output... I was hoping it's just a driver issue, but I'm starting to
think it's probably not, the more I hear from people. I'm still at
work, but when I get hope, I will toss the win98 boot disk in and see
if the video card wants to work with that. If it doesn't, then I'll
probably just go get a new card, or at least take advantage of the one
someone else offered me when I mentioned what was going on.

If anyone else has any ideas, or has experience with this particular
card, I'd appreciate any thoughts as to what's going on. Thanks!

~~ >^..^< ~~
I'm a gmail user! I'm still waiting on them to listen to my request to
allow me to disable my reply-to field. If you get this message via a
mailing list, please double check the to field before sending your
reply. Thanks much! ^_^
http://deathkitten.net
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind."
    ~Rudyard Kipling
"Several friends have asked me if I will again leave the country. In
light of the failure--a second time--to count all the votes, that
won't be necessary. My country has left me."
    ~Greg Palast