On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 10:01 -0800, alfonso flores wrote:
> hi everyone, happy new year, once upon a time i found a web site that
> offers a linux simulator desktop that run under the browser does
> anybody knows where can i find or have any idea, i work in a school
> and we one to gradually change from windows to linux, thanks and best
> regards to everyone

Wouldn't recommend installing anything to run under windows, but there
are several versions that boot from a CD (or USB memory stick).

Mandrake Move, Knoppix, Gnoppix, are three that come to mind, all
readily available from web. Knoppix/Gnoppix (and others) you can get
cheaply from many retailers (well under USD 5). Stick the CD in, turn on
computer, tell it to boot from CD and it will use the computers memory,
etc., but not its harddisk you may have the odd problem with hardware -
especially if you use winmodems.

Next step would possibly be to dual-boot - choose either linux or
windows when you turn on.

As you work in a school, check out skolelinux at

http://www.skolelinux.org/portal/

designed originally for Norwegian schools, but supports many languages -
sets up servers and clients from a CD.