On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:49:36 -0500, Ronald J. Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 January 2005 11:39 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
>
> > No problem, I think it went to the list last time. However, if you get no
> > video output at all, not even a bios listing on start up, then it has to be
> > the card or a connection. Let us know how the windows boot disk goes.
>
> You know, I'd reseat the card for sure, and check the cable (again) if I was
> getting no video at all. I had this problem with my sons comp once. The
> Nvidia video card, for all intents and purposes, looked like it was solidly
> seated but a component on the card itself was hitting a capacitor (or
> somesuch) on the MB, not letting it seat fully. I just had to 'angle' the
> card slightly and it went on in, just a hairs difference - but enough. Also,
> before I found the problem, the MB Bios gave a beep that it normally didn't.
>
> Just a random thought. :-)

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look at that when I go put in
the video card a friend is going to give me tonight. I'm supposed to
be getting a second monitor as a late christmas present, so it'll be
useful to have two video cards available if that's all it takes to fix
the card. ^_^ I'll let you guys know if that's all it took to fix the
card. :)

~~ >^..^< ~~
I'm a gmail user! I'm still waiting on them to listen to my request to
allow me to disable my reply-to field. If you get this message via a
mailing list, please double check the to field before sending your
reply. Thanks much! ^_^
http://deathkitten.net
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind."
     ~Rudyard Kipling
"Several friends have asked me if I will again leave the country. In
light of the failure--a second time--to count all the votes, that
won't be necessary. My country has left me."
     ~Greg Palast