Troy Wolfe wrote:
All,
I am haveing a problem getting the screensavers from xscreensaver that are included in the kcontrol module to work properly.
I can see them, I can configure them, I can test them, they all seem to work right. However when I wait the amount of time for my timeout, the screen goes black, and no screensaver.
The KDE screensavers work fine. (for example the slide show)
Most of the OpenGL screensavers seem to work ok. (I have nVidia mx400 with the nvidia drivers installed and working)

I tried running xscreensaver-demo from a console and get the following error:
_____________
Warning:
xscreensaver-demo is running as user "normal_user" on host "192.168.0.1"
But the xscreensaver manageing display ":0.0"
is running as user "nobody" on host "192.168.0.1"

Since they are different users, they won't be reading /writing
the same ~/.xscreensaver file, so xscreensaver-demo isn't
going to work right.

You should either re-run xscreensaver-demo as "nobody", or re-run
xscreensaver as "normal_user"

Restart the daemon now?

Is there a config file somewhere?
I am lost on how to fix this.
TIA

twolfe

An update was just released to fix this. It should be in the mirrors in a day or so.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!