hi, what you are referring to is called a remote shell, the best
implementation of that here would openssh, ssh standing for secure shell, it
installs as a server program on the remote machine and as a client program on
your main machine,
you use it by issuing a command on a local console thus:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] bascule]$ ssh watson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] bascule]$

as you can i sat at mycroft and issued a command to ssh to watson, my console
then showed a prompt as if i was sat at watson, any commands i issue now at
the promt are executed on watson and ny output or error is shown on the local
console

install openssh and read the man pages

bascule

--
"`Credit?' he said. `Aaaargggh...'
These two words are usually coupled together in the Old

-- Ford in a spot of bother.