On Tuesday 18 January 2005 02:50 pm, Elwyn wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 Jan 2005 19:13, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > On Tuesday 18 January 2005 17:41, Andy Yankovich wrote:
> > > I would like to install 2 third-party commercial software
> > > items. One is Forte-Agent 2.0 from an internet download;
> > > the other is an almost 1 GB program on a CD - Logos
> > > Libronix Bible Software. Is there a way I can do this on
> > > Linux?  Is the method included in MDK manuals anywhere?
> > > Thank you for your help.
> > > Andy
> >
> > Aren't these Windows applications?>
> > derek
>
> Yep, sounds like it. Like Derek said there are other bits of
> software out there to do some of that.  With the Bible software
> I'm not sure. It's usually engineered for a Windows
> environment.
>
> You might manage with Cross Office... But I don't have that
> installed anymore as it was effectively a small security hole
> :( Among other things....
>
> Elwyn
Thank ya'll
Agent can be replace with Linux-based softwareand not lose much.

But the Logos Libronix Digital Bible Library ran me several
hundred dollars and I use it quite frequently. There is no other
comperable bible software even for windows OS. All serious bible
software packages I've come across are win compatible and
integrated with IE 5 or better. Libronix won't work well without
IE6! Won't work with Mac either, as far as i know.

Anyone here familiar with Opera browser in a "wine-based"
envirnment? From what I read (from Chris's post) Opera shoud work
inplace of IE6. Don't know anything about wine - other than the
liquid kind.

Opera has three choice: RPM packages type, DEB packages type, and
tar.gz, type. Info at:
http://www.opera.com/support/search/supsearch.dml?index=344

Like Elwyn, maybe I'll be forced to run Linux and Windows both.

Is it possible to run both OS's side by side on split screens if
my Win XP and Mandrake are both on what used to be C:?

Thank you all very much. You're a nice bunch. A major, huge help.
Andy