4556At 08:28 PM 1/18/2005, cervixcouch wrote:

"Sometimes, when I'm in an application (doesn't matter which one) I'll
click on a button and the next window that opens will be croppe
d,"

I've run into the same problem with my 19inch monitor. I have gone the same route as you and had to compromise with screen resolution and font size.  Some of the menus still disappear below the screen.
 I'm not very computer literate but it seems a solution would be a customized screen resolution menu.   I wonder if  a  video card would offer a solution.
If you find an answer please let me in on it.
Owen