Last time I got this far I messed up my system so bad that I had to do a complete reinstallation.
I would like to have a icon on my desktop that will allow me to access my external USB hard drive. Hopefully I will then be able to read and write to it.
This is the current state of reorganization:
Mandrake Control Center
Hardware
Detected Hardware
sda
Identification:
Vender Cypress Semiconductor
Disk Identifier ST312002 6A
Media Class hd (Mass Storage [SCSI] Bulk (Zip))
Bus Identifier Vender ID 1204
Device ID 26672
Connection Buss: SCSI (USB) (2)
Channel: 0
Device; old device file /dev/sda
New devfs device; /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/disc
Partitions: Primary partitions 4 (sda1, sda2, sda3,sda4)
Misc: Device USB ID3
Geometry 14589/255/63/CHS
Disk controller 0
Module usb storage (usb storage)

Then there are two menu items:  "Configure Module" and "Run Config Tool"
It was with the Config Tool I somehow destroyed my system.
Please, how do I proceed from this point?
Owen